Proofreading and editing of journal articles and all types of academic writing.
My specialisation is proof reading academic writing by non-native speakers of English. I have been helping students and academics with their writing for over 23 years, and I have worked extensively as a Senior Lecturer in Higher Education teaching academic English writing. The vast majority of my clients come through word of mouth recommendations, or referrals from academic supervisors.
Most proof reading companies charge much higher fees for correcting work by speakers of other languages; my rates are reasonable, and I give every customer an individual quote based on the work that needs doing.
You can be confident that I will significantly improve your writing and provide you with a professional, confidential service at a fair price. Please click on examples of proofreading.
Here are some guideline prices for correcting written work by academics e.g. journal articles:
£14-£20 per each thousand words proofread.
Deadlines: I generally ask for one week’s notice for proofreading. If you have an emergency job [I need it proofread by tomorrow!] I’ll give you a quote.
Important: These guidelines are based on your written English being of a level equivalent to IELTS 6.0/TOEFL 110/TOEIC 700.
What I do:
- I proof read your work. This involves correcting any grammar/vocabulary mistakes.
- I copy edit your writing i.e. make it sound more academic/appropriately formal. I also write comments pointing out any ambiguities in your writing so that you can address them.
What I don’t do:
- I don’t correct referencing or check for plagiarism- that is your responsibility.
- I don’t charge you until your work is finished.
- I don’t have any input as to the content of your work.
One final point: I deal with both British and American English.