I have taught English as a Foreign Language in many countries across the world as well as the UK since 1989. I have worked for major Examination boards as an EFL examiner and have worked as a Consultant and Teacher Trainer.
I taught various Business and Research units for 8 years in the UK University system. I saw that Universities did not always give International Students the support and time that they needed, so I decided to set up a website business to help these students.
I am aware of the following challenges facing International Students:
- Adjusting to a new academic culture where learning styles are very different.
- Writing work in good academic English.
- The pressure from families back home to succeed.
- Feeling shy about asking important questions in seminars.
- Not wanting to feel foolish when you do not understand.